ABOUT GMI RATINGS
GMI Ratings is a leading provider of corporate governance, ESG (environmental, social and governance) and forensic accounting research and rating services to institutional investors worldwide. Created through the merger of three independent firms in 2010, GMI helps asset owners and asset managers incorporate these factors into the investment decision-making process, with a particular emphasis on risk management.
Demand for corporate governance and ESG research has been rapidly growing in recent years due to globalization, heightened market volatility and increasing numbers and increasingly frequent “black swan” events, which are forcing capital markets to rethink traditional models and find new ways of assessing portfolio risk. Demand is also being driven by the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), which provides a voluntary framework for investors to incorporate ESG issues into their investment decision-making process. In addition to equity portfolios, the PRI is now being adopted by fixed income managers and insurers. With our focus on materiality, our proprietary ESG ratings, ESG KeyMetrics® and our flagship GMI Analyst research platform, GMI is one of a very select group of companies positioned to capitalize on this growing opportunity.
What makes GMI stand out even more, and which opens the door to markets beyond the ESG space, are our two other proprietary rating models:
Accounting and Governance Risk (AGR®) – short term risk indicator based on forensic accounting and key governance factors
Forensic Alpha Model (FAM™) – alpha model for quantitative investors and hedge funds built on accounting and governance factors
The AGR model is being sold to both active managers and quantitative investors. The FAM model is designed solely for quantitative investors and hedge funds and can be used in long-only or long-short strategies. Both models, as well as our ESG model, are available for delivery over FactSet. Performance results for both the AGR and FAM model are exceptional. Most of all, there is nothing comparable in the market, so the sky is the limit for the right sales professional.
With that as background, GMI is expanding its sales and marketing efforts in Europe. We are looking for an experienced professional to focus on the AGR and FAM models in particular. For further information on GMI, please visit our web site at www.gmiratings.com
SALES EXECUTIVE – EUROPE
GMI is seeking an experienced sales professional to help expand our AGR and FAM customer base in Europe. While primarily focused on asset managers and hedge funds, the position also includes presenting GMI solutions to banks, insurance companies, accounting and audit firms, regulatory agencies, stock exchanges and other organizations interested in GMI services. The position is based in GMI’s London office, with frequent travel throughout Europe.
Primary responsibilities include:
- 5 plus years proven sales experience with investment research or financial services analytics/software/platform companies
- Knowledge of and experience in selling investment research products and quantitative or analytical models for equities and/or fixed income
- Experience selling to senior managers and decision makers, e.g., Chief Investment Officers, Research Directors, Portfolio Managers, etc.
- Book of contacts at senior levels in targeted markets
- Proven prospecting and closing results
- Ability to accurately forecast future business via a 30-60-90 day pipeline
- Daily updates to CRM platform detailing meeting notes and client / prospect communications
- Comfortable working in a sales environment where reaching / exceeding goals on a regular basis is expected
- Frequent travel required throughout Europe
- College degree
- Experience with entrepreneurial or early stage firms
- Self-starter, highly motivated, able to work without a high level of direct supervision
- Strong consultative sales skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Experience working with portfolio managers or with portfolio analytics
- Understanding of corporate governance and accounting transparency as a factor in making investment decisions
- Interest in promoting corporate governance and accounting transparency as a critical need for investors, creditors, underwriters and regulators
Please email a copy of your cover letter and resume to: UKJob@gmiratings.com